These updates will roll out towards the end of July. Specific dates will be communicated in near future.
The technology behind all customer logins is being upgraded. This update allows each staff member to reset their own password, removes password expirations, allows for a single login to be used across practices, and sets the stage for future product features around staff instant messaging, assignment of tasks, and time tracking.
Why we are making this update:
- This is the first step for a 'single sign on' customer experience; where your one email address can be used across all Covetrus products and services. (If you have ever used the g-suite apps, it's very similar where your single g-mail login is used across all Google apps).
- The eVetPractice team has exciting new features planned around staff instant messaging, in-product notifications, staff task assignments, time tracking, and personalized experiences. These features require a unique and secure staff login associated with a valid email address.
- We are in process of upgrading the technology stack behind eVetPractice. Valid email addresses enable eVetPractice to verify the person logging into eVetPractice is who they say they are. Many of the other software applications you use everyday also require a valid email address.
Changes you should be aware of:
- eVetPractice is getting a new login page. Your existing login username/password will still work.
- All practice staff will require a username, and any newly created staff logins will require an email address as the username.
- Employee login passwords will now be used to switch users instead of a PIN; the employee's user name will be pre-populated when selecting to switch.
- Staff with the following roles must have a valid email address as their username: group owner, business owner, group manager, business manager.
- IP Address Filtering will need to be configured to limit physical application access.
- If you have multiple accounts, you’ll be able to link them.
Employee User Switching
Covetrus is adopting an identity management platform to provide enhanced security for users, providing the user with more control over the security of their identity. As we move to single-sign on, this significantly reduces the number of credentials a user will need for access across Covetrus products. This implementation will drive more granular, effective auditing and reporting by staff member over time in eVet. A stronger identity management approach also adds a level of protection for client information and data.
Switching between accounts in eVet will now require using the staff member's login password instead of the PIN. Upon selection to switch, the staff member will provide credentials through the login screen. The user name will be pre-populated with the user name of the staff member selected to switch, only the password must be entered.
Use of a PIN remains for Clock In/Clock Out Entries and the Anesthetic Monitoring Form.
Example of user switching using login password:
- Select the user account to which you would like to switch:
- Enter the password for the account:
Another benefit of our new identity management platform is the ability to link accounts. Staff that currently have login credentials for multiple practices will now be able to link those logins together, resulting in one set of credentials for all accounts. Upon login, they will be able to select which practice they would like to access.
The new login update provides users the ability to reset their own passwords. On the login screen, there is a ‘Forgot password?’ link a staff member can click to reset the password. This option will only be available for staff that have a valid email address for their username.
Existing employee usernames will still work for authentication and logging in. In order to reset the password of a current username that is not an email address:
- Password resets will require a valid email address entered in the staff profile by someone with the proper role access (business owner or business manager)
- That email address needs to be entered into the "User Name" field pictured below to begin the password reset process.
- Once the valid email address is entered as the Username and Saved, a password reset email will be sent to the user.
Generic Logins and Limiting Application Access
All staff logins will require a username and password, as the user switching capability via PIN is being retired; login credentials will need to be provided to switch accounts. The practice owner/admin will need to create usernames for all staff logins. The username should be a unique email address associated with the staff member.
- ACTION REQUIRED: Make sure all staff members that currently use a PIN to switch to their accounts have login credentials created by an owner/admin. The username must be a unique email address associated with the staff member.
If there are practices that were using PINs to restrict logging in to the system only when physically at the practice, this restriction can still be achieved through IP Address Filtering feature. The following article provides instructions on how to set this up: https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/232174248-Limiting-Employee-Access-to-In-Office-Only-via-IP-Address-Filter
Owner and Manager Employee Roles
ACTION REQUIRED: Make sure all staff members with the following roles have a valid email address as their username prior to the July update: group owner, business owner, group manager, business manager. If you do not add an email address as username before this update, you will need to call support if you forget your password.
Custom Login Pages
If you have a custom login page, it will be going away. Your clients will still be able to log in, however the logo and custom colors will no longer be available. The name of your practice will still be displayed.
- ACTION REQUIRED: None.
For questions, please contact support using our Live Chat option.