Chrome and Edge Settings
If you have Adobe Reader or another PDF viewer and want that application to be the default PDF application, you can do the following:
- In Chrome and Edge, go to the three dot (menu icon) and choose Settings.
- In the Privacy and Security section, select Site Settings.
- Scroll down and select Additional Content Settings and select PDF Documents.
- Switch the 'Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome' to On. (ONLY enable this if you want to use a different default program for PDF's other then the browser you are using eVetPractice in.)
Note this can also impact Firefox and Edge. For Edge you can follow the same steps as Chrome
You may also want to clear out the downloads folder in Chrome. You can find the steps to do that here.
- Go to the "Open Menu" icon in the upper right and select "Options" or enter "about:preferences" in a new tab.
- Scroll down to Applications and select the action menu to the right of PDF.
- Change it to Firefox.
- After making the change close the browser. Open the browser and then log back into Evetpractice.
Adobe Reader Settings
If files open in a different application, you can change the setting in Adobe Reader
- Open Adobe Reader, then select “Edit” > “Preferences“.
- Select “General“
- Choose the “Select as Default PDF Handler” button.
- Select “Continue“, then follow the steps provided.
Windows Control Panel
- Open Control Panel (icon view) and select “Default Programs”. Click the link labeled “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”, and wait for a couple of seconds to load all file types.
- Scroll down and then click on "Choose default apps by file type"
- Scroll down the list to see .PDF entry. Click on “.PDF” entry, and then click the application name. Then select "Choose App" and select Chrome.
- After making the change close the browser. Open the browser and then log back in to eVetpractice.