In order to comply with best practices for web application security, eVetPractice is sunsetting support for older TLS protocols. As part of doing so, the eVetPractice FileWatcher application, which is used to transfer your in-house laboratory results into eVetPractice, may be affected.
If you currently integrate your in-house laboratory equipment with eVetPractice, it is important that you follow the directions below as soon as possible to ensure your lab integration continues to function.
- Locate any computer that is running eVetPractice FileWatcher (typically any computer directly connected to in-house lab equipment).
- On the computer with eVetPractice FileWatcher, download this installer.
- Locate the file called TLS 1.2 Compliance Upgrade.exe, and double-click to run.
- Accept any messages relating to Windows user rights.
- If you get a prompt from Windows Defender SmartScreen, click More Info
Then Run Anyway
- Click Install.
- After the Install finishes successfully, a form will open via your default internet browser. Please enter your Clinic Name, Phone Number, and Contact Name and click Submit.
- If the install is unsuccessful, a similar form will open. Please fill it out so we can reach out to you directly.
- After you filled out the form, go back to the Install and check the Form Completed box.
- Click Next, then Finish.