During the course of the year, you may want to close your practice for holidays, vacation, etc. Here are some tips that will allow you to block off days on your calendar for these events.
- Create an appointment type for the block offs. This can be done from Settings Gear icon > Appointment Types Menu. Typical names for this are Closed, Block, Holiday. Most practices make this a black background with white font, but it can be whatever you choose.
- Create a Calendar resource named 'Closed'. This can be done from Settings Gear icon > Calendar Resources menu
- If you use a Calendar Resource schedule, on the desired day you want to close, remove all other resources and add the 'Closed' resource. This can be done from the Settings Gear icon > Calendar Resources menu. When removing unwanted resources, be sure to only remove the resource for that day and not from a repeating appointment (if prompted)
- Once you only have one resource for that day, schedule an appointment for your business hours using the 'Closed' appointment type and resource.
- If you do not use custom calendar resources, you will need to create the block off appointment for all default resources on the calendar.