Question: How do I configure the appointment calendar to stop appointments from being scheduled during holidays or other types of office closures?
- During the course of the year, you may want to close your practice for holidays, vacation, etc.
- Here are some tips that will allow you to block off days on your calendar for these events.
- Create an appointment type for the block offs from Settings Gear icon > Appointment Types Menu.
- Typical names for this are Closed, Block, Holiday.
- Most practices make this a black background with white font, but there are no restrictions on font or color options.
- Create a Calendar resource named 'Closed' from Settings Gear icon > Calendar Resources menu.
Scheduling the block
- If you use a Calendar Resource schedule, on the desired day you want to close, remove all other resources and add the 'Closed' resource.
- This can be done from the Settings Gear icon > Calendar Resources menu.
- When removing unwanted resources, be sure to only remove the resource for that day and not from a repeating appointment (if prompted)
- Once you only have one resource for that day, schedule an appointment for your business hours using the 'Closed' appointment type and resource.
- If you do not use custom calendar resources, you will need to create the block off appointment for all default resources on the calendar.