eVetPractice allows a practice to create multiple t owners to one patient so they can invoice under one or more location(s) and/or person(s), but have the entirety of the bill go towards the correct owner(s) without having to invoice under one client directly.
While this is most common for equine clients, these concepts could potentially be applied in many different practice settings.
ADDING AN ADDITIONAL OWNER
- Add the owner as a new client if they do not already exist in the system. A pet is not required to be entered at this time.
- Navigate to the patient's record.
- Click on the patient's General Information tab and expand the General Information section.
- Click on "Change" next to Owner (as shown above).
- Click Add New Owner
- Search for the farm/boarding stable/trainer that was previously added and then click "Add."
- Leave the newly added "owner" with 0% (if no billing to this client is to be applied) or whichever % of the invoices need to charge this owner when invoices are created and click Save.
The practice can add as many % owner as needed. Add the % owner to all patients that should be available for invoicing under them.
INVOICING % OWNERS
- Navigate to the % owner's client profile and then Quick Invoicing section.
- Invoice as normal, but notice that when "Check Out" is selected at the bottom of the Quick Invoicing section and are directed to the checkout screen, the % owner(s) will show that they do or do not have a balance due, but if the staff navigates to the actual owner's account the system will reflect that they owe for all or allotted charges for their particular animal(s) in their Account Balance section.