The Covetrus Prescription Management writeback integration takes online Covetrus prescription activity and automatically writes it back to the patient medical record.
Setup and sign up
To use the integration, practices must first set up the integration with the Covetrus Prescription Management team. Once the setup is complete, it can be enabled by eVetPractice Support.
Covetrus Global Prescription Management support:
Tracking Online Activity in Medical Records
- MR View by Groups – Below the Treatments section, a new section labeled Online Activity will show Prescriptions and Other Purchases. This view is only available when VFC Integration is enabled.
- Prescription History – A new section has been added specifically for viewing Online Prescriptions.
- MR View By Date – Items ordered and sent to a client from Covetrus will appear in the MR View By Date.
- MR View By Date with Details - Items ordered and sent to a client from Covetrus will appear in the MR View By Date with Details. Users will see online orders for a patient in chronological order with the rest of their medical records.
Populating Medication List with Online Activity Prescriptions
- When a patient is shipped a prescription online, you will have the ability to have it populate the patient's Medications that displays in the patient highlights and general information.
- This is an optional setting that can be enabled in Practice Settings | General | Medical Records | Write to the Medications area of Patient Highlights when prescriptions are shipped online.
Printing Online Prescriptions and Other Online Purchases
- Printing the patient’s medical record using the default template will include the prescription information and other purchases.
- Printing by selection and emailing is also supported.
Patient Relocation and Patient Merge
- When a patient is relocated, the new patient will get the old patient’s “storefront” activity. This will include data from online activity, prescription history, MR by Date, and MR by Date with Details.
- When a merge patient is performed, the new patient, or patient merged to, will get the old patient’s “storefront” activity. This will include data from online activity, prescription history, MR by Date, and MR by Date with Details.
Merge fields for online prescriptions and other purchases has been created so users are able to customize templates. The new merge field for prescriptions is [Online Activity – Prescriptions]. The merge field for other purchases is [Online Activity – Other Purchases]. Both fields will be available to choose from the list of merge fields.
If you are not using the Covetrus Prescription Integration, the Online Activity merge fields will not appear in the merge fields list.
If the Online Activity merge fields were added to a template when the integration was enabled, but then the integration is disabled, the merge fields will be ignored and not printed.