Veterinary Pharmacy Reference (VPR) has transformed to a new web-based system. This means you can access VPR from any device, including Mac, PC, Smartphone, and Tablet! It's the new standard of practice for today's veterinarian and we think you'll love all of the features VPR Cloud has to offer. To learn more visit VPR Cloud at http://vprcloud.com/.
You can also view a VPR Cloud demo via YouTube by visiting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zoI5pAJF-o.
VPR Cloud has also integrated with the Timeless Vet Drug Index - a strictly evidence-based drug formulary by Etienne Côté, Stephen Ettinger & Wayne Schwark. Enjoy over 2,000 new treatment recommendations backed by the best existing peer-reviewed evidence.
The integration between eVetPractice and VPR Cloud allows you to associate your existing drugs located in inventory management with VPR Cloud’s drugs. This association can then be used to automatically include client info sheets to the pet owner during the checkout process.
In this article you will find information on:
- Enabling the integration between eVetPractice and VPR Cloud
- Auto-enrolling your clinic with VPR Cloud
- Associating your employees' eVetPractice account to their VPR Cloud account (OPTIONAL)
- Mapping your existing eVetPractice inventory drugs to VPR Cloud's drugs
- Printing the Client Information Sheet
- Performing a drug search
- Common Question about the eVetPractice integration with VPR Cloud
Enable the Integration
IMPORTANT: To enable the VPR Cloud integration, you will need access to Settings ( ).
- Click the Settings icon ( ).
- On the General Information screen that appears, scroll down to Integration Settings section and check the box beside the option: Enable VPR Cloud.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Auto-enrolling in VPR Cloud
NOTE: If you already have an existing VPR account, you may skip this part, and can jump to Linking eVetPractice Employees in the next section.
Next, you will see a new section below on the settings page that allows you to auto-enroll your clinic and employees that have an email address. This process will create your 60 day trial with VPR Cloud and add an account for each employee that has an email address on file. The employee will then receive an email by VPR Cloud letting them know how to access VPR Cloud directly.
Please note, this can only be done once, so please make sure you have email addresses on your employees prior to auto-enrolling.
After the process has completed, you will be ready to continue on to the Mapping Drugs section.
Linking eVetPractice Employees and VPR Cloud Accounts
Next, you will need to have each employee link their eVetPractice account to their VPR Cloud account. This is completed under the Employee Management section of eVetPractice. Since most employees will not have rights to the Employee Management section, someone with access to Settings may need to work directly with each employee.
- Click the Settings icon ( ).
- Select the Employees menu option.
- Click the Edit pencil icon ( ) beside the desired employee's name.
- Expand the VPR Cloud Connection Status section by clicking on it.
- Click the Connect button.
- A VPR Cloud login screen will open in a new window. Enter the employee's VPR username/email address and password then click Log in. If the VPR login window does not appear, ensure your browser does not have popups blocked.
- The VPR login window will close automatically and the employee's record page will be refreshed. You should now see the button change from Connect to Connected. The employee's account is now successfully connected to the their VPR Cloud account.
The next step in configuring the integration is to map your existing inventory drugs in eVetPractice to VPR Cloud’s drugs. In Inventory Management, there are two options to accomplish this task:
- Top level mapping
- Item level mapping
IMPORTANT: To configure drug mappings, you will need access to manage Inventory items.
Top Level Mapping
Click on Inventory in the blue menu. It can be seen from the Home Menu or Settings Menu ( icon).
- Select the blue link labeled VPR Drug Mapping.
This will take you to the VPR Cloud Drug Mapping screen where you can automatically map your products from eVetPractice to a VPR Cloud drug. You can also manually add a new mapping, edit an existing mapping, or remove a mapping.
Automatically Map Drugs
To automatically map your products, click the blue link “Automatically Map Dispensable Drugs”. You can perform this operation as many times as needed.
Manually Add a New Drug Mapping
To manually add a new drug mapping, click the blue link “Manually Add VPR Drug”. You can perform this operation as many times as needed.
- In the Add VPR Drug window that appears, search for the VPR Drug by generic or brand name and select the appropriate drug.
- On the next screen, in the Inventory Item to Map search field, search for the desired eVetPractice inventory item to associate the VPR Drug mapping and select it. You can search for the inventory item by code or name.
- Once selected, the Inventory Item will appear under the Associated Inventory Name section. If you accidentally chose the wrong the item, click the red "X" under the Remove column.
- You can add additional Inventory Items to the VPR Drug mapping by performing another search.
- If you are done, you can either click Exit to return to the previous screen or, if needed, click the Add Another VPR Drug to manually add a different VPR drug mapping to an Inventory item.
Edit or Remove Existing Mapping
To edit or remove an existing mapping from the VPR Cloud Drug Mapping screen:
- Click the Edit pencil icon ( ) beside the desired mapping association.
- To add an item, in the screen that appears, in the Inventory Item to Map search field, search for the desired eVetPractice inventory item to associate the VPR Drug mapping and select it. You can search for the inventory item by code or name.
- To remove an item, in the screen that appears, click the red "X" under the Remove column for the desired eVetPractice Inventory Item. When done, click Exit.
Additionally, to remove an existing mapped association you could also do so using the following method:
- Click the red "X" under the Delete column for the desired mapping association. If there are multiple mappings to several eVetPractice Inventory Items, all mapped associates to the VPR Drug item will be removed at the same time.
Item Level Mapping
In Inventory Management, the second option for mapping your existing inventory drugs in eVetPractice to VPR Cloud’s drugs is at the Inventory Item level.
- Click on Inventory in the blue menu. It can be seen from the Home Menu or Settings Menu ( icon).
- Find the desired Inventory Item and click the Edit pencil icon ( ).
- In the Edit Inventory Item window that appears, scroll down towards to bottom and locate the VPR Cloud Drug search field.
- Search for the VPR Drug by generic or brand name and select the appropriate drug.
- Click Save.
Client Information Sheet
Once a VPR drug is mapped to an Inventory item, there are two ways to print/email VPR Cloud Client Information Sheet within eVetPractice: during checkout and from the Treatment item.
eVetPractice can automatically print/email the Client Information Sheet for that drug during checkout. The Client Information Sheet is considered a handout by eVetPractice and checking the option to include handouts with the receipt will also include the Client Information Sheet.
You can also print the Client Information Sheet from the Treatment details by clicking the blue link to print.
- After adding a drug to a Treatment, in the Inventory Items section, click the Inventory Item name in blue.
- Click the Print Client Info Sheet link.
Additionally, you can also print the Client Information Sheet from the Patient's Medical Record.
- On the Patient's Medical Record, expand to the drug Treatment item by clicking the magnifying glass icon ( ).
- Click the Print Client Info Sheet link.
Here is an example of a Client Information Sheet for Amoxicillin.
Within eVetPractice you can search for drug details by clicking the blue paw print at the top toolbar.
The VPR Cloud Drug Search window will appear allowing you to type in a term. The system will search VPR Cloud for matching generic or brand drugs. To see additional details, click the view option.
Q: I’d like to start a trial with VPR Cloud, how do I go about doing that?
A: http://www.vprcloud.com to start a free trial
Q: I have an employee that does not see the blue paw print to do a drug search. What should I do?
A: This is most likely caused because the employee's eVetPractice account is not linked to a VPR Cloud account. To verify, edit the employee record, expand the VPR Cloud Connection Status section and see if the status is Connected. If not, follow the process described above in the Link eVetPractice and VPR Cloud Accounts section.