Many veterinary practices use a standard dry erase whiteboard to keep up with day to day notes on their patients. eVetPractice has integrated a virtual whiteboard that allows you to keep track of these notes in one easy to use place.
ADDING ITEMS MANUALLY TO THE WHITEBOARD
There are a few ways to add items to the whiteboard, but the first way is by simply adding it manually.
- Click on Whiteboard from the home screen
- Click "Add New Item"
- This will bring you to the following screen:
- You will need to assign the whiteboard item to a specific patient. If it is a general practice note we recommend assigning it to a generic practice client (i.e. having a client named "ABC Vet" with a patient named "Whiteboard").
- You will have the option to assign it to a particular employee as a task they need to complete or just a note they need to see.
- Enter the notes in this section
- Click Save.
ADDING CHECKED IN APPOINTMENTS TO THE WHITEBOARD
When a client arrives, you have the option to check in that appointment and place them on the Whiteboard by changing their Visit Status. For more information on Visit Statuses, please see this article - Configuring Visit Statuses
CHECKING IN A CLIENT FROM THE CALENDAR:
- Left click on the appointment you wish to check in
- Click either “View or Edit”
- Change the visit status to “Check In” (or whichever visit status you have configured to place an appointment on the whiteboard)
- Click Save at the bottom right
- This will place the client and patient on the whiteboard, print the check in sheet, and copy the visit description to the reason for visit field in the medical record if you have configured your visit status to do so..
REMOVING CLIENT FROM WHITEBOARD DURING CHECKOUT
- Click on either the client’s first or last name from the whiteboard
- This will take you to the clients record where you click “Make Payment”
- In the Incomplete Appointments section change the status to “Check Out” and check the box under “Is Complete” to mark the appointment as complete.
- Click Update Appointment(s)
ADDING CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS TO THE WHITEBOARD
Often when a client calls, you will need to assign some sort of task or note to be completed by an employee. Previously you may have used paper notes to keep track of these things, but in eVetPractice you can simply place them on the Whiteboard.
ADDING A CLIENT COMMUNICATION ENTRY
- Navigate to the patient's medical record and click on "Add Communication Entry" in the Patient Quick Links section. Please note: There are many different ways to add communication entries so you can use whichever method you are most comfortable with. We have found this is one of the quicker options.
- The following screen will appear:
- Check off that you would like to create a whiteboard entry
- Choose which employee you would like to assign it to. If you do not want to assign it to a particular employee you can leave it at "Not Assigned"
- Enter the information regarding the client communication. This is what will appear on the Whiteboard
- Click Save.
REMOVING A CLIENT COMMUNICATION ENTRY FROM THE WHITEBOARD
- Once a communication entry has been added to the whiteboard and the task has been completed, you can simply delete it from the whiteboard by clicking the red "X" next to it. This will not delete it from the client communication log:
FILTERING THE WHITEBOARD
Once you have added items to the whiteboard, you can easily filter through the whiteboard to see the items that pertain to you or what you are looking for:
- Putting a date in this field will show you all whiteboard items that were modified on this date
- This will allow you to search by client last name
- This will allow you to search by client first name
- This will allow you to search by employee name. Please note: this is the most effective way to find things that have been assigned to you. It is the most common filtering you will do on the whiteboard.
- This will allow you to search by patient name.
- This will allow you to search by Visit Status ("Checking in" in the example above).