At any point in time you can give a client access to the online eVetPractice portal by granting them access in their client profile. This can be done during their initial set up or at a later date. For more information on creating a new client and configuring the client portal please see the articles below:
Once you are in the client profile, follow these instructions:
- Open the "Login Information" section
- Check the box to "Allow Login"
- Check the box "Email welcome letter" box if you would like for your client to be emailed the Welcome Letter. Please note, they can only be sent a welcome letter if you have an email address for the client under the General Information section in their client profile.
- Enter a username. The system will let you know if this username is available, you will need to enter a new username if that username is already taken. It is recommended to use the client's email address as the username.
- The password will automatically default to the same as the username. The welcome letter should direct your client that they will be required to change their password upon initial login.
- Click Save
As soon as you click save, if you have checked the email welcome letter box and you have entered a client email, an email will be sent to your client with the Welcome Letter Document Template.
EDITING THE WELCOME LETTER DOCUMENT TEMPLATE
All sites come with a standard Welcome Letter Template. To edit this template or to create a new one, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Settings Menu (Gear Icon)
- Click on Document Templates
- Find the Document Template with "Client Welcome Letter" as the Type and click the edit pencil next to it.
- From here you can edit the welcome letter. For more information on creating and editing Document Templates please see this article - Creating a Document Template