When clinic staff collect objective (exam finding) information from their patient on physical exam obtain the necessary information the doctor needs to properly asses the patient they will want to document their finding on an electronic form.
eVetPractice will come pre-loaded with many different exam forms that the staff can use and customize to the practice’s specific needs. New exam forms can also be created specifically tailored to the practice needs.
Example of an Exam Form
CREATING/EDITING EXAM FORMS
- Navigate to the Settings Menu by clicking on the Gear Icon
- Click on Exam Forms
- Choose which species the form should appear under.
*Please note that once a form is created under one species it can quickly and easily be moved to another species by clicking on the copy icon
4. Click "Add Exam Form".
- The "Add Form" screen below will appear
- Species* (required field): This is the species where the form will initially be available
- Name* (required field): This is the name of the form the staff will see in the medical record.
- Linked procedure: This allows the practice to link a specific procedure that will automatically add to an invoice when the history form generated.
*If the procedure linked or the history has a reminder it will also generate within the medical record
- Is Active: If the practice does not currently need the form, but think they may need it in the future they can simply inactivate the form.
*Note: Inactive will make the form unavailable to add to a medical record.
- Default Summary: When the form is added from a patient's medical record the can enter a summary onto the form that will be printed off on the Health Report Card. This options allows common comments to automatically be in the summary the form is generated.
- Once all the information in the Summary section is completed click Save.
- Now your form will appear on the Exam Forms screen.
- To add Sections to the Exam form. Click on the magnifying glass under the section named “Sections” to the left of the form name to expand the newly created exam from and click "Add Section."
- Fill out the following information regarding that section
- Name* (required field): this will be the question name/header.
- Allow Multiple Answers: Each question could have different answers. If one or more answers to the questions apply then this option will need to be selected.
- Allow Comments: This will allow the staff to select the answer on the form, but then enter a comment regarding their answer. If this box is checked the staff will be prompted to enter a default comment that will appear on this section any time this form is used. The default comment can be edited as the staff preform the exam.
- Is Active: This will keep a question available on the form.
- Click Save.
- Once a Section has been added, the staff will need to enter their “Options.” However, entering options is not required. If there are no created “Options” then the Section will just have a comments section where the staff can free type.
- To add an “Option” expand the magnifying glass under the “Options” section on the Section then click "Add Option."
- The following screen will appear:
- Name: This will be one of the answers the staff chooses for the question. This could be simply "Normal" or "Abnormal" or go into more detail "Swollen" or "Painful."
*Note: If normal or abnormal condition is selected then the staff WILL NOT be able to select multiple answers even if the question has “Allow Multiple Answers” selected.
25. Is Default: This will be the default answer when the staff enter this section. It is not required to have a default “Option.”
26. Is Normal Condition: If this option is selected and it is marked as a normal condition and will show up as highlighted in green on the Health Report Card
27. Is Abnormal Condition: If this option is selected and it is marked as an abnormal condition will show up as highlighted in red on the Health Report Card
28. Is Active: This will allow the staff to see this an option on the exam form.
29. Click Save.
* Each existing form can be edited by clicking the edit pencils and updating the information described above.