When you first begin using the eVetPractice system, you may find that you need to bring your site up to date by adding past charges and payments for services rendered prior to go live with your site.
First you must make sure that whoever is entering these treatments and handling the invoicing has the proper employee rights to alter invoice dates and edit payment history.
- Navigate to the Settings Menu (Gear Icon)
- Click on Employees
- Click the edit pencil next to the employee who will be handling the past charges
- Scroll down to the Employee Rights section and expand it. From there make sure the following rights are selected for the employee:
- Click Save once all the employee rights have been updated.
ADDING THE CHARGES
Next you will need to add treatments to the medical record like you would for treatments rendered presently. Once the treatment items have been added you can click on their names and edit the service date:
Once you click on the name, you can edit the Service Date and click Save:
EDITING THE INVOICE DATE
Once all the treatments have been entered and the service dates have been updated, you can navigate to the client's profile and scroll down to the Account Balance section. From here you will see the open invoice containing the charges you just entered. Now you need to change the date for this invoice by clicking on the edit pencil next to the date:
Enter the new date and click save.
EDITING THE PAYMENT HISTORY
If you would like to keep track of payments you received in the past, you can do that as well. First you need to process the payment normally as if you had taken the payment today. Once that is done you can edit the payment history.
- After the payment has been processed as if it were taken today, click "View Payment History
- Click "Edit History" for the payment you just took.
- Change the deposit date and click Save Changes