Reservation Types are very important to your boarding procedure because it allows you to dictate how often the client will be charged for boarding (by the visit, hour, day, etc.)
In order to update your Reservation Types navigate to the Settings Menu (Gear Icon) and click on Boarding:
Then click on Reservation Types:
Click "Add New Reservation Type" and fill in the name (i.e. Daily, Hourly, etc), number of times to charge, and the reservation style:
NUMBER OF TIMES TO CHARGE FOR CAGE:
- Once per visit - Will charge the price on the inventory item only one time no matter how many days/hours the patient is boarded. This is best used for Daycare patients when there is one charge no matter how long the patient is boarded that day.
- Once each hour - Will charge the price on the inventory item once every hour the patient is boarded. Typically this is used for Daycare patients who are charged an hourly rate. Please note that if one cage has both an hourly rate and a daily rate, you will need two separate inventory items to reflect both the hourly and daily rates.
- Once each day - Will charge the price on the inventory item once every day the patient is boarded.
- Once each time it passes the cutoff time - Will charge the price on the inventory item once every day the patient is boarded past the cutoff time.
This section allows you to classify whether or not the Reservation Type is for Daycare patients or Hotel Style Patients. This is purely for your classification purposes and will not affect how the price is calculated as described above:
- Hotel Style - best used for reservation types that require multiple day stays (typically "once each day" and "once each time it passes the cutoff time" charging methods).
- Daycare Style - best used for reservation types that are hourly or a set price for the day (typically "once per visit" and "once each hour" charging methods).
Once you have filled out all the information you can click Save and create as many different Reservation Types as you need.