Skip to main content
How do I create or modify the layout of a Lab Form?
eVetPractice non-integrated Lab Forms
- Lab Forms are used to record non-integrated lab results into the patient record.
- Patient lab results from an eVetPractice lab integration don't use Lab Forms, but will import to the medical record directly.
- See eVetPractice in house and reference lab integrations for a listing of integrated labs and associated articles.
Creating or modifying lab forms
- Navigate to the Settings Menu by clicking on the Gear Icon
- Click on Lab Forms
- To add a lab form, click the "Add Lab Form" link after selecting the appropriate Category the form should appear under.
- Clicking the pencil icon next to an existing lab form will allow you to modify the category and properties of a lab form.
- Select or fill in category, name, description, and "Is Active" fields as appropriate.
Adding or modifying Lab Form Elements
- Elements are individual components or value readings of a lab form, and can be created by pressing the "magnifying glass icon" and then clicking the "Add Element" link.
- They can be modified by clicking the pencil icon next to the individual Element.
- Fill out the element fields, including name, minimum and maximum values, units specification, and "Is active."
Using Elements on Lab Forms
- Because Elements in a Lab Form are customizable, they can be used in many different ways. Below is a screenshot of how they will appear on an actual Lab Form on a patient medical record:
- You can add as many lab forms and elements as you need for your labs.
- Each existing form can be edited by clicking the edit pencils and updating the information described above.