Occasionally you will need to merge two client records into one client record. This could occur when you have someone change their last name and instead of updating the current client record, a new client record was added instead.
MERGING CLIENT RECORDS
Note: You must have appropriate rights granted to perform a client merge. See end of this article on how to grant these rights.
- Navigate to the Clients tab and open the client record that needs to be merged into the destination record.
- Expand the General Information section and you will see "Merge into Another Client"
- Click this button and select who the Destination Client should be and then click Merge.
- You will get a warning message that this process is not reversible. If you are still certain you want to merge the two client records click Yes.
- You will then be directed to the destination record. In the destination record you will see that all the information from the record you just merged is present except for the General Information (this stays just as it was with the destination record) and the address information.
- Your patients will be merged together as well. This could likely result in duplicate patient records that you will need to merge as well. For more information on merging patient records please see this article - Merging Two Patient Records
Granting Employees Ability to Merge Client Records
- Navigate to Settings (Gear icon).
- Select the Employees menu option.
- Click the edit pencil next to the employee who needs to be able to merge patient records.
- Expand the Employee Rights section.
- Check the box beside Ability to merge client records.
- Click Save.