Dymo configuration with eVetPractice
Enable the Dymo integration
Ensure that the Dymo LabelWriter is connected to the desired machine or a shared printer has been created from another computer. Once the printer configuration is complete, follow the steps below to configure the Dymo LabelWriter with eVetPractice.
Click the Setup (gear icon).
- Click the General menu. Expand Integration Settings.
- Click checkbox for “Use Dymo Label Printer”. Once enabled, a new section will appear labeled “Dymo Printer Settings”. Click Save button.
- Expand Dymo Printer Settings.
- Click the “Check Environment” button. If you receive the following you should be set:
Is Browser Supported: true
Is Framework Installed: true
- If you do not receive that message, proceed to the end of this article for troubleshooting tips.
Label size setup
The supported label sizes are as follows:
- 2 ¾″ x 2 ⅛″ - Large
- 3 1/10″ x 1 4/5 ″ - Video Top
- 4″ x 2 ⅛″ - Shipping
Labels can be printed for the following items:
- Cage Card
- Treatment Items
For more information on how to print labels, please see this article - Printing Labels to your DYMO Label Printer
Once you have checked the environment to make sure that the label writer can be detected, you need to configure the label templates to be used.
- Select a label option for each label type you are going to be printing (Figure 6). There are several options available to select from. Custom labels can be added to your practice’s document list upon request.
- When finished, click Save.
- Test printing the labels that were selected.
- How do I set up and install a Dymo LabelWriter printer?
- How do I set up and install the Wireless DYMO® LabelWriter?
- Dymo Labelwriter setup troubleshooting article