Antech Reference Lab Setup and Configuration
Setting up an Antech reference lab integration requires the following information:
- Hospital ID
- Antech Online Username
- Antech Online Password
- Account ID
- Antech Region
Once you have collected this account information click on the Gear Icon at the top right of your eVetPractice Screen.
Next, Click on the Antech Setup Tab. If you do not see the Antech Setup option, then you must enable the integration under the General Tab > Integration Settings > Enable Antech Diagnostics Integration.
Fill in your Antech account information and click Save. This enables the integration and establishes communication with Antech servers.
Antech Lab Item Setup and Configuration
Once the Antech integration is enabled, some additional work may be needed to configure or maintain a list of Antech reference lab codes to place a lab order.
The following guidelines apply for practices curating or using a small sample of Antech reference labs:
- Lab Items - Your site may have been populated with a sample Antech Lab items that you can use, or we may have imported lab items from a prior PIMS if any data was migrated. Add any new Antech Labs you need, delete the ones you do not need, and inactivate (turn red) those you do not currently need but may have a need for in the future.
- Pricing - Verify markup percentage to all items and/or define Price
- Cost - Verify and change costs (for the practice)
- Is ANTECH Lab Item / ANTECH Order Code - On any lab item, these fields determine if a lab item places an Antech request. If the item should be sending a request, verify "Is ANTECH Lab Item" is checked and entered the related Antech code.
- Linked Inventory Item / Linked Procedure - Link Labs to inventory items and procedures that should be linked together. If you need to a link a lab to more than one inventory item or more than one Procedure, use Packages instead. See Linking Billable Items for additional information.
- Reminder Setup and Reminder Associations - Add reminder associations to any old lab codes from your old system’s lab billable items, if being replaced. See Attaching a Reminder to a Billable Item for additional information.
Directions and guidelines for how to preform a one-time bulk import of Antech lab items can be found under How do I preform a one-time bulk import of all Antech lab items into eVetPractice?