Label Templates allow you to control the format of the system defined label types (ex. Prescription). To get to the Label Templates section of the system simply click on the Gear Icon and then Label Templates:
From the Label Templates section, you can create new templates or edit existing ones.
- Prescription - This will be used whenever you go to print a Rx label from the dispensable item.
- Client - This will be used whenever you go to print a client label from the client record.
- Patient - This would be printed from the patient's record and the patient quick links section.
- Treatment - printed from the treatment item's expanded details section and includes details about the treatment item.
- Cage Card - includes details about the reservation and can be printed from the calendar and visit page.
- Inventory - includes details about the inventory item and can be printed from the edit window in inventory mgmt.
*Please note if you enable label templates for a specific type of label (i.e. Prescription), the label template logic overrides any DYMO settings you have for that label type, which no longer uses direct DYMO integration. This means that a PDF will be generated for the label and you would then need to print it to your DYMO label printer. If you want to revert back to the DYMO label functionality, you would need to disable the label template.
CREATING A NEW LABEL TEMPLATE
- From the Label Template Management screen select "Add a New Label Template"
- The following screen will appear
- This will be the name of the template that will appear if you have more than one template for the same type and you are prompted to choose which to use.
- The template type is used by the system to know which templates to use for which functions within the system.
- The destination printer option will only show if you have Google Cloud Printing enabled. If you do, you can choose which printer to automatically print to or have it prompt you each time.
- The page orientation controls the orientation of the printing. In most cases, it should be set to Auto.
- The fit to page option controls how to scale the printing to fit the height and width of the label. In most cases, it should be set to Shrink to Page.
- The number of copies option controls how many labels to print. This only applies when you are using Google Cloud Printing.
- The width field tells the system what width size label you are using. This needs to be in points which can be achieved by multiplying the number of inches by 72. The dimensions of a label are specified with the label loaded in the device. Here is an example of a 1-4/5 by 3-1/10 label, notice the width and height.
- The height field tells the system what height size label you are using. This needs to be in points which can be achieved by multiplying the number of inches by 72. The dimensions of a label are specified with the label loaded in the device.
- The merge field selection on the left allows you to click on the merge field and insert into the template.
- The editor section is where you can control the text and content.
- You can click on the option to load a system label template to reduce the work involved in creating a new one. We have commonly used templates with commonly used sizes in this list.
- When you are done click save.